Thursday, 24 September 2015

Barry M Satin Super Slick Lipsticks in Mauve It & Truffle Shuffle Review & Swatches




When I saw Barry M's new satin lipsticks in an array of nude, mauve and brown shades, I was tempted beyond belief to purchase the entire collection. However, I showed some self restraint and purchased my favourite shades, Mauve It and Truffle Shuffle. I just adore the 90s vibes from this collection and think that all of the shades are gorgeous and wearable with a vintage feel.

As always, the packaging of these lipsticks is very sturdy and aesthetically pleasing. The lipstick is in a dark grey shiny case, which looks very sleek and expensive. It's fair to say that the lipsticks are super slick; I love how shiny and classy they look.

The lipsticks are very good quality; they are very pigmented and easy to apply. They are smooth and have a shiny finish. They are very long lasting and even last through drinking and eating. I only had to touch up my lipstick once throughout the day which is very impressive.




When I looked at the collection I immediately knew that I needed Mauve It. I adore mauve shades and they are incredibly fashionable at the moment. This shade is a gorgeous, retro colour. It's a pinkish brown shade with a slight greyness to it. It's quite a deep mauve shade and is very cool toned. I think that this shade is perfect for nailing the 90s look and it is quite similar to Rimmel London's Vintage Pink, but has less pinkness and is a darker shade.


Truffle Shuffle is a much lighter, cool toned brown shade with no pink undertones. I think that this is a gorgeous nude shade and it has a slight greyness to it. Again, this shade is very retro and conjures up images of the 90s. It's a very flattering shade and is less intense than Mauve It.












I would definitely recommend that you try out Barry M's newest lipsticks. They are such a gorgeous collection of nude and mauve shades and the colours I purchased are amazing . They are lovely colours and as always, great quality.

Have you tried out these lipsticks yet? Comment below if so or if you have any queries! I hope that you enjoyed this blog post and that you found it helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment